About

 Sacred Heart Catholic Church

You are welcome to our Parish to worship and fellowship.

Scared Heart Parish Othello Catholic roots go back to 1915, when, Fr. John Herman came by train from Odessa once a month to say Mass in the homes of Catholics.  There were about  twenty families at that time. Later Father Anton Flour would come for Mass from Ritzville. The First Catholic Church in Othello existed on Pine Street and dedicated in 1923. The building became later a private residence years later and still stands on Pine Street. Records show that in 1925 the local Altar Society was tending to its duties to care for the upkeep of the church. Scared Heart in Othello was a mission of St. Agnes parish in Ritzville where Father Charles Depiere was the pastor. The Present  Building was established in 1954 which is now the basement of the present church but at the time it was the church which was constructed entirely by volunteer labor on the part of parishioners. On July 26 of 1956, Sacred Heart was elevated to the status of a parish having St. Vincent De Paul, Connell as its mission church and the first pastor appointed by Bishop Bernard J. Topel was Fr. John J. Kelley. Since then, many priests had come and served the people of God in this part of the world. Many people keep giving their time, treasure and talent to help  build up the Body of Christ in our community  as Sacred Hearth Catholic Parish grow in faith and love as we become a vital loving family of the Lord.

Bienvenido a nuestra parroquia a Orar, alabar a Dios y a crecer en comunidad fraternal.La parroquia del Sagrado Corazon tiene sus raices que se remontan a 1915, cuando, el P. John Herman venia en tren desde Odessa una vez al mes para decir misa en los hogares de los católicos.  Había una veintena de familias en ese momento. Más tarde el Padre Anton Flour vendría a misa desde Ritzville. La Primera Iglesia Católica en Othelo existió en Pine Street y dedicada en 1923. El edificio se convirtió más tarde en una residencia privada años más tarde y todavía se encuentra en Pine Street. Los registros muestran que en 1925 la Sociedad del Altar local estaba atendiendo a sus deberes de cuidar el mantenimiento de la iglesia. La iglesia del Sagrado Corazon de Othello era una misión de la parroquia de Santa Inés en Ritzville, donde el Padre Charles Depiere era el pastor. El Edificio Presente fue establecido en 1954 que ahora es el sótano de la iglesia actual, pero en ese momento fue la iglesia que fue construida enteramente por el trabajo voluntario por parte de los feligreses. El 26 de julio de 1956, el Sagrado Corazón fue elevado a la condición de parroquia que tenía a San Vicente de Paul, Connell como su iglesia misionera y el primer pastor nombrado por el obispo Bernard J. Topel fue el P. John J. Kelley. Desde entonces, muchos sacerdotes habían venido y servido al pueblo de Dios en esta parte del mundo. Muchas personas siguen dando su tiempo, tesoro y talento para ayudar a edificar el Cuerpo de Cristo en nuestra comunidad a medida que la Parroquia Católica del Sagrado Corazón crece en fe y amor a medida que nos convertimos en una familia amorosa vital del Señor.

© 2018 Sacred Heart Catholic Church of Othello, Washington

616 East Juniper Street,
Othello, WA

99344

 

Tel: 509-488-5653

Fax: 509-488-5654

  • Facebook Clean

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: